Thursday, May 29, 2008

What I've Been Up To

My mom has been out of town for a week, so I've been more or less independent. I was talking to one of my Texas friends Sunday afternoon, and they asked, "Do you feel like you have more freedom up there?" I really thought about it, and I have always been blessed with the trust from my mom. I can enjoy time in shops, or drive over to the library. She always has an idea of who I'm with and what I'm doing, but since I'm not really interested in doing anything she disapproves of, I am pretty free.

For instance, yesterday I wandered through an amazing scrapbooking store for an hour, just getting ideas for my scrapbook and looking at prices.

Last night, my friend Kim came over and we went out to Earls for dessert, all dressed up.

This weekend I'm going out to the mountains with some friends (I'll try to get some good pictures).

Today I went to the University Bookstore and browsed. I found Prince Caspian in Spanish, which made me excited (especially since I read the first page and understood it!). I'm still pondering if I should get it; I've got so many books on the go right now!

Yesterday I quilted with my grandmother and nearly finished a wall hanging. All that's left is some small decorative quilting, and the binding. It's so nice being able to spend time with her.

Tomorrow I have my Spanish speaking final, so wish me luck! Then I leave for the mountains, and will be back Sunday night.

No comments: