Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Schools In!

Wow. I don't feel like I've been to school. It was all sort of a daze... so many new faces. I guess I'll start with this morning.
I woke up around 7, and showered/got dressed, etc. I had to be at the school at 8 to show the counselor my transcript, but otherwise didn't have to be at school until 12:00. They made a copy of it, and she rearranged my English 30 class, and then I went home. Mom had to go out to look at some furniture, so I was by myself. Kirstin said that we'd walk to school together, and I didn't want to be late, so I paced, watched the clock, read, wrote in my journal, paced more... you get the picture. I was just anxious. About 10:45 she called and said that her boyfriend was going to drive her, and wanted to know if I wanted a ride. I was like, "Uh, sure?"

About 11:40 they pulled up, and I was like, hummmmm do I trust this questionable-looking guy and these three girls with my life? But I had to get to school, and it was too late at that point to start walking. Luckily I made it safely, but it was a new experience. Think of Mean Girls, where I'm Cady on the first day of school, but make me more confused because I can't hear what they're saying (because of the rap of course). And stick it in a jacked up truck.
Class was sort of a blurr as well. They passed out updated schedules, transcripts, paperwork, behavior manuals, and calendars. We only stayed in homeroom, and we were only there for an hour and a half, but tomorrow we actually go to classes, so I'll get a better idea of it. My locker partner, Anna, seems nice enough. Tomorrow I have class starting at 9:00. Something I did retain is that debate meeting is ... oh shoot I forgot. Well, next week sometime.

After school, between seeing a zillion new faces and Kirstin's boyfriend's scary drive, I just needed to do something familiar with someone I knew (more than, "Hi! I'm Chelsea!"). So I thought about what I would do in Katy, and decided to call up Kim and go see Nanny Diaries. I mean, I was home at 1:30, and we had no homework. It was cute, but sad. Good lessons, but the major one that stands out is money won't guarantee happiness- so true.

I got a new housemate!!! Cassie Lloyd is a student in kinesiology at U of Calgary, and she's renting out our basement. She's originally from Vancouver. She reminds me SO much of Cassie Howard, for any of you that know her (same looks, same speech, same manners, etc). She moves in tonight, so that will be fun. Anyways, I have to go eat now. I made pumpkin pancakes and bacon for dinner. I'll be making a batch of granola after dinner, for breakfast tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: