Friday, September 14, 2007

Changing My Domicile

When we first moved into our house, I had to decide my bedroom. I had two options: first, the middle room on the main floor. Second, the humongoid room in the basement. Yes, it's that big. It was so big, that I decided I did not have enough things to fill it. It would look empty. (Pic below is Aunt Marie helping me decide. I was suffering a cold, so I was carrying around a tissue box).



All that has changed.



The other reason I chose the main floor room was that mom wanted to rent out the basement to two college students. If I took it, then that wouldn't work. Kassi moved in during the first week of September, and she is such a wonderful girl! We spent a lot of the first week watching movies together (Princess and the Goblin, oh ya baby! haha) and talking about what God is doing in our lives and our plans.



However, Mom really wanted to rent out another place. We were at my dad's cousin's house when she mentioned that a girl had sent out an email looking for a place. She was from Red Deer, AB, and wanted to do the advanced swim team in Calgary (Red Deer does not have one). She is 17 and will be finishing up her high schooling by correspondence. She will need a room to herself because she will be practically living there, between doing all her school work, and getting as much sleep as she can squeeze in with swim practice. Therefore, I came up with a solution.



Kassi and I will be splitting the basement. Jessica will get my "old" (two month) room. So I'm moving all of my clothes, books, and random trinkets that I have somehow gathered since we've moved (I thought I downsized a couple months ago!) downstairs as we speak. Jessica is moving in Sunday.



I haven't had a roommate since I was in grade five!

No comments: