Sunday, January 20, 2008

Polished Like Silver

My favorite household job is polishing silver. I can't even call it a chore. First off, it's only once every 6 months, so it's hardly a chore. Second, my mom never has to remind me. She usually doesn't even ask- it's one of the only things that I notice on my own.

So after I published my last blog entry, I pulled out all the silver and cleaner and layed towels out onto the floor. I had my iTunes on repeat on Relient K.

Now, I don't even really like Relient K. I love their lyrics, because I know a different point in my life where each of their songs fits, and it's nice thinking of where I've come from. However, musically speaking, their songs all sound the same.

Never the less, I was listening to them, my 7 Relient K songs on repeat. These lyrics popped out: "And this life sentence that I'm serving, I admit that I'm every bit deserving, but the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair."

Silver tarnishes naturally. It gets a nice dark film on it, but with one nice swipe with TarniShield and an old towel, it's shiney. Beautiful. I can see my reflection. It doesn't even have to ask. It's just a really neat image for grace that I wanted to share with you guys.

I think I'll take Relient K off repeat now...

No comments: