Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First Snow Pictures

I took Ziggy and Lacey outside to get some fun shots in the snow. Not many turned out, as I am still trying to figure out how to deal with the lighing issues that snow creates, but here are a couple good ones.


And some not so good ones (so you can see the fun we had). If anyone knows how to fix this dull, seemingly underexposed look, let me know. It may have to do with ISO. If you'd like the settings that the picture was taken under, let me know.



Update:
I messed with the histograms (somehow?) a little, and liked the effect. Then I cropped the last one, so here's the updated version:

2 comments:

The Campbells said...

Hey! I love the shots. A few hints:

Meter for the snow: if you have abiltiy to have a custom image for your metering, take a picture of the snow, than use that image for your metering.

If you can't do that, read what settings your camera is giving you on auto, and then open it up just a bit (1-2 stops) in manual to control exposure.

Also, try using an outdoor or sport setting to see if the camera will just catch speed vs. worrying about exposure as much.

Anonymous said...

I really like the updated version!